Webcode:

To read an article from the print magazine online, please enter the web code below, which can be found in the magazine under the article.

https://www.getdigital.de - Gadgets und mehr für Computerfreaks

Enabling the digital infrastructure

Portrait

Social Media
Share this article

RISA stands for ‘Réseaux et Infrastructures Souterrain et Aériens’ and indicates the company’s main activity: supply circuits and infrastructure solutions for applications both above and below ground.

Based in Caussade in southern France, the medium-sized enterprise designs and produces machines and equipment for civil and underground engineering tasks, particularly the laying of electric cables, data links, water pipes, fiber optic cables and other supply lines.

“We offer custom-engineered solutions for all types of network infrastructures for the transport of energy, communication and fluids,” states Mr. Pautrat. RISA was created in the late 1980s and has always specialized in machinery and equipment for public works, concentrating mainly on the domestic market and in recent years increasingly venturing abroad.

“Our main markets today are Europe, North Africa and the French overseas territories including Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique and Réunion,” explains Mr. Pautrat.

RISA employs 60 people, turns over twelve million EUR and offers a complete range of high-performance, reliable machinery with compact design. To this date, the company has built more than 2,000 machines that are in everyday use in France and abroad.

“We cover the entire value chain, from research and development to construction and assembly through to the integration of advanced electronic and hydraulic systems,” states Mr. Pautrat. RISA offers both standard equipment and individually customized solutions for specific requirements and applications.

The standard range comprises three product families: equipment for aboveground applications, equipment for underground applications and cranes. The above ground portfolio includes a wide choice of products ranging from small laying machinery mounted on the customers’ own vehicles to high-performance solutions for high-voltage installations.

We offer custom-engineered solutions for all types of network infrastructures for the transport of energy, communication and fluids. Martial PautratManaging Director

It is rounded off by high-tech, specialized machines for underground jobs and high-capacity cranes with four-wheel drive. “We can also provide completely individual solutions,” says Mr. Pautrat. “In the past, tailor-engineered machines accounted for only 2% of our overall sales. Now we are approaching 8%, and the continuing trend is clearly upwards. The same is true for the export market. Our current export ratio is 10%, and we are determined to further grow our international activities. This goes particularly for our value-adding underground solutions that are increasingly in demand abroad.”

In addition, RISA is benefiting from the fast evolving market for fiber optic cables. “In the past, we sold five or six fiber optic machines annually,” explains Mr. Pautrat. “This year, production will reach 30 units.”

RISA supplies utilities, municipal clients and large construction groups. The company’s equipment is used for new infrastructure projects as well as expansion schemes and repair applications. In gaining new customers, RISA relies on the tried-and-tested quality of its machinery, its excellent reputation in the international infrastructure equipment market and its great flexibility.

“We are a medium-sized enterprise with flat hierarchies and fast decision-making,” states Mr. Pautrat. “This enables us to meet our customers’ specific demands in the shortest time.” While aiming for 100% satisfaction, RISA is constantly developing new, improved machinery. “Continuous technological innovation is in our DNA,” says Mr. Pautrat. “Next year, we are going to introduce a completely new equipment range.”

TOP