Sayings and wishes for retirement: more than empty phrases
When a popular colleague leaves, it is often not only a professional loss, but also a personal one for the team or even for the whole company. And that’s okay! Because that is also a sign of the appreciation you have for this colleague. And this is precisely where really good sayings and wishes for retirement are created: heartfelt recognition and appreciation for the colleague leaving the company. Therefore, before writing your farewell card, ask yourself:
- What memories and thoughts do you associate with this colleague?
- What characteristics of his do you especially appreciate?
- What are you thankful for?
- What do you wish him for the future?
- What piece of advice do you want to give him?
You’ll get the first ideas as to what content your farewell could include.
Sending colleagues off into retirement: examples of wishes and sayings
As already mentioned, it’s more than just a matter of copying and pasting. Nonetheless, we want to give you a few ideas for what your sayings and wishes for your colleagues could look like:
The emotional good-bye
Your working days are behind you – congratulations! Now you can concentrate on so many things that are close to your heart. This is also the perfect time for me to say thank you. Thank you for your support, advice and expertise. Working with you has always been so much fun for me – and has also taught me a lot. I don’t want to say good-bye because we will still be in touch. So the only thing left for me to say is: take care – and have a fantastic time!
A brief wish for the future
Finally going to hook that big fish? Just let it all hang out in your hammock? Or jump out of the plane and land safely with your parachute? Whatever you plan for the coming years: Make your plans reality and have a good time!
The humourous wink
I don’t know what you’re going to do now with all your free time, but I have a suggestion: If you get bored, there are a few things to do lying on my desk. I mean: You have my number. And if you actually have something better to do, I wish you all the best for it!
Sayings and wishes for retirement: How do I deliver the message?
The all-important question – once the content has been decided – is: How do you deliver the message? Besides the classic greeting card, there are various other options:
- Public message via social media. Just post a message to your colleague on his wall or to his feed.
- The personal message: Even a private message via internal or external communication tools can convey your message in a direct and authentic way.
- The video message: Short motion picture messages are very personal and approachable.
- A collective greeting card: Wishes and recommendations for the colleague who’s retiring are effective not only from an individual, but from a group.